top of page

November 2019 Board Minutes

My apologies for just getting these posted!

PID Board Meeting

November 4, 2019

In attendance: Kevin Prince, John Everitt, Marion Alford, Leslie Smith and Lori Voss

Meeting held at Clubhouse of Gardens of Manship, Flowood.

Meeting came to order at 6:08 p.m.

  1. Financial Matters:

  2. Kristi Thompson has submitted 2020 budget to County. PID annual assessment will decrease from $465 to $450 for residential lots and from $967.58 to $942.58 for acreage/commercial lots.

  3. Kristi is working on spreadsheet that lays out payoff of PID in next 9-10 years.

  4. More discussion about how maintenance and lighting will be paid for after PID ends. We will probably need to consult an attorney in setting up the best way to collect from neighborhoods along Hugh Ward for the continued maintenance.

  5. Board Vacancies:

  6. The Board received the resignation of Marti Morgan. John made motion to accept her resignation, Marion - 2nd, Motion carried.

  7. John nominated Leslie Smith to assume her position for the remaining three years of her term. Marion - 2nd, Motion carried. Kevin made motion to make Leslie Treasurer, Marion - 2nd, Motion carried.

  8. Landscaping:

  9. Motion made by Marion to renew a three-year landscaping contract with ScogginsScapes, John - 2nd, Motion carried.

  10. Weed Warriors is also due for renewal and negotiations are currently ongoing.

  11. Lighting:

  12. Cobra-style lights have been added by Entergy along west side of Hugh Ward. Lori suggested another was needed along wooded area between The Villas entrance and Avalon Way intersection. Motion to add 1 light was approved and Kevin will contact Entergy.

  13. Lori will mark all non-working median lights along Hugh Ward and Kevin will meet with Daniel Cross to begin process for their replacement.

  14. Miscellaneous:

  15. We would still like to get a proper crosswalk installed at West Pinebrook/Huntington Lakes intersection. Kevin suggested to Daniel Cross that the PID will pay for the proper curbing and markings to be installed, but have not received a response yet.

  16. Two additional trash cans have arrived and we are looking for someone to install.

Next meeting: Monday, January 20, 2020.

Meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m.

Recent Posts
bottom of page